Days #11 and #12 - Change of Pace: a Plein Air Oil Painting


It has been a while since the last time I ventured outside to paint, and last week I did it two days in a row, attracted by a lovely view of sunflowers at a local farm.

I had to go back twice because the first day it was super hot and I had to escape after an hour or so. Note to self: don't wear long jeans on a hot day!

I got captivated by the view of the farm building through the sunflowers.

After laying down some general shapes with the brush, I switched to palette knife painting,
I love the texture that it creates.
 

Lots of bugs around me, this one seemed to particularly enjoy the painting.

At a good point, almost done, but needs still some work.



I'll post a photo of the final painting in a few days. I have the feeling that when I'll look at it with fresh eyes, it might needs a few small adjustments here and there.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape