#15 Sunbright - Mixed Media Painting

Here is a colorful abstract painting that took several days to finish, mainly due to the size and the many layers of paint, paper, fibers, stencils, etc. setting my 30 paintings in 30 days on a slow mode.



colorful abstract landscape painting
"Sunbright"
24"x24"
Mixed media on canvas
SOLD


Below are some images showing the Step-by-Step of the initial stages, with a super random abstract design that I used as starting point.

Stage 1
Random abstract shapes
I still had no idea of what the painting would become.
I was just trying to create some interesting patterns.



Stage 2
I decided I wanted to make it a landscape with trees and a stream.
I start drawing the main lines of the landscapes, that at this point
may seem to add confusion, but they make sense to me.



Stage 3

I get out my custom made stencils and start adding patterns for the leaves, the water, and the grass.
Can you see them? It's still confusing...


Some detail shots.

I used thread from an old fabric on the tree trunks
and patterns on the vegetation.

Close-up on the top-right trees where I used my home-made stencils,
paper, and impasto paint.

And finally the frontal view of the sun spot that inspired me the title "Sunbright"

Thanks for stopping by!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape