#17 Red Glow - Mixed Media Daily Painting


"Red Glow"
9"x12"
Mixed Media on canvas

SOLD

Here is another mixed media painting that started from a very random underpainting, full of colors and textures, and then I decided to turn it into a bright sunset on a rocky shore.

I created the ground texture with paper of different kinds, including paper doilies, and with peelings from the dry palette. I painted over with acrylic paint, using various brushes and some home-made stencils for interesting patterns.

I really like how it turned out.

It makes me smile.

:)



Comments

  1. Wonderful painting...wow, peelings from the dry palette...very creative! I'm sure this artwork is even more interesting in person and then able to see the interesting textures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurelle, I always felt bad about wasting globs of acrylic pint that dried up on the palette, so I've been collecting them in a zip-lock back, thinking they might be useful for something one day, and I used them all plus new ones on my latest paintings. Isn't lovely when creative hoarding turns out to be actually useful? lol
      Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, that's gorgeous! So interesting to hear about your technique too, inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer, very kind of you. I'm making up this new (for me) technique as I go, and I have to admit so far it has turned up some interesting things. I appreciate your comment. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah, yiu should have a big happy smile, this is a beauty, kudos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape