#8 of 30 in 30 - A Bright Tomorrow, Mixed Media Painting


I worked two days on this. Yesterday I did the abstract underpainting using the mixed media elements, today I added layers of acrylic paint using brushes and custom made stencils.



Abstract mixed media painting by Robie Benve
"A Bright Tomorrow"
10"x10"
Mixed Media: acrylic, paper, fibers

I already posted the under-painting as yesterday's work, but below is a reminder of what it looked like at the initial stage.

I liked the clean look of the first stage, did I ruin it adding all the patterna and colors?
I hope not, because I like the final version of it too.


the mixed media under-painting for "A Bright Tomorrow"

It felt god to go back to my favorite subject, a sunset on the beach, and this time I just did it from my head, without looking at a reference photo. Total freedom.
:)



Comments

  1. I really enjoy the interesting nuances in your final painting. It's glorious! I do wish those three gorgeous dots on the underpainting were still apparent;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laurelle, I missed the three dots too! In fact, I was tempted to re-paint them on top, but then I though... nah... it's ok, next time I need to be more aware of things like that, and maybe use masking tape to preserve some parts. Thanks a lot for your support!

      Delete
  2. This is just gorgeous and no the texture adds to it, not takes away. Wow, what a right turn from underpainting to final.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape