#3 of 30 paintings in 30 days - Switch On, Mixed Media Painting


"Switch On"
Acrylic, paper, and fibers on canvas
8"x10"
$140


Another image of the Short North Arts District in Columbus, Ohio. Every first Saturday of the month there is the Gallery Hop. I missed the September one, but at the August Gallery Hop I took lots of pictures, that means I have a lot of different views of the Arts District to work from.

Just a hint to let you know what might be coming from my easel in the near future, lol.

I used to be scared of painting cars, they are a hard subject, now I'm actually learning to embrace the challenge. I think I'm liking the progress, they look like cars in traffic, right?
:)

Available at Marcia Evans Gallery
8 E Lincoln St, Columbus, OH 43215

Comments

  1. So rich in colors and beautiful designs, love the arches leading us down the avenue...it has a feeling of pastel. I cannot detect the paper and fibers so it must be in the foreground vehicle. And yes, they look like cars. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurelle! The paper is in fact on the foreground vehicle, and the fiber is on the arches, kind of hard to see from the photo.
      Thanks a lot for your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Very eyecatching as I picked out of the tiny thumbnail gallery. I love the colors that you use and the wonderful cracking sky. They totally look like cars in traffic. They even feel like cars in traffic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks a lot Gwen, that's very kind. My personal challenges to paint depth and cars continue, thanks a lot for the encouragement!

      Delete
  3. Great area for a painting. I see now the tissue paper on the car, very clever. I do hope to finally take my abstracts into having something recognizable in them as well. Just not there yet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nelvia, your realistic work is amazing, and your abstract is very inspiring. I'm just starting to experiment with mixed media, and I'm naturally drown to representational work, but I admire those who, like you, can pull off a strong abstract that doesn't have much of recognizable it it. Keep up the great work, and thanks for your encouraging comments.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape