#2 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days - Ready to Go, Mixed Media Painting

I've been having fun experimenting with mixed media recently. As a matter of fact, I found out that I love mixed media!

Last February my 30 in 30 challenge was focused on mixed media, and that's when it all started. Recently I worked on three pieces (to be posted soon) using acrylics, tissue paper, fabric, markers, and stencils, and I had a blast making them!

This small cityscape is also created with all those materials, and with fun. :)

"Ready to Go"
6"x6"
Acrylic, paper, and fibers on canvas.
SOLD

Part of the fun was making my own stencils with an X-acto knife.

I really enjoyed turning one of my favorite views in Columbus, the Short North Arts District, into an abstract and colorful image. Another one is on my easel already! :)

Comments

  1. Very cool. Love the stencilled effect in roof/sky reflecting into the street below and the wonderful palette of colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Laurelle, it's a new technique for me, I'm enjoying experimenting with it. :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful painting!
    So much light !
    Have a great 30/30 !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Martine, great 30/30 to you too! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape