#13 of 30 paintings in 30 Days Challenge - Shining Through, Mixed Media

On Saturday, I attended a mixed media demo with the talented and creative Susan Rossiter. 
Six lucky attendees gor the opportunity to experiment with a stretched canvas and lots of top notch art supplies. She showed us the way, and then let us get super creative.

I came home with a very colorful and textural abstract painting, and I worked a little bit on it in my studio because, being me, I wanted to "see something" in it.
So I turned it into a path in the woods, with the light Shining Through.


Shining Through
Mixed Media on stretched canvas
8"x8"
SOLD




Susan had all kinds of acrylic paint, brands Golden and Liquitex. 
Heavy body, fluid, spray, acrylic ink, gel medium, cracking paste, and who knows what else. I only used a few things and I was already full of wows.

She also had all kinds of paper, embroidery thread, and other things to create textures and patterns, like paper doilies. One think that I did not use were her beautiful stencils and the spray paint.


What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday afternoon!



Below is the abstract painting as it looked at the end of the workshop.


I came home with this very colorful and textural abstract painting.

Comments

  1. I like the final better with the separation through the middle. So many toys.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape