#7 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days - Abstract Underpainting. Mixed Media

I've been starting my mixed media painting with a very random abstract under-painting. Some days I make only the under-painting and leave it be until I get an inspiration on how to continue.

Today I made this, on a 10"x10" stretched canvas, using acrylic paint, tissue paper, thread, and acrylic peelings from a dried-up palette.

Wat will it become?


Abstract under-painting
10"x10"
Mixed Media
At some point I started seeing a sunset on a beach.
I think I'll develop it in that direction.

Unless, as I add layers, I start seeing something else, then I'll change direction.

: )

Here is the link to the 30 in 30 challenge site, where most participants post a thumbnail of their daily painting, with a link. 
Thanks to Leslie Saeta for creating this wonderful challenge, what an incentive to paint and an opportunity for artists to network!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape