#9 and #10 - Two Under-Pantings Done With Mixed Media


All right, this painting-a-day-thing is getting out of hand, it seems like the technique that I'm using requires me to invest a couple of day at least in each painting. 

BUT, I'm having so much fun that I'm not even thinking of abandoning this trajectory. :D

So here are two more under-painting "completed", one is more advanced than the other, I'll work on them more tomorrow and in the next days.

They are both going to be scenes of the Short North District, or so it seems right now,

Here you go:

Greenish under-painting, mixed media
10"x10"
This one could become the Short North Scene that I have in mind,
or something else. We'll see.


The other one I actually took two photos, one earlier in the stage, and one at the end of the day.


Orange(ish) under-painting
Mid stage
9"x12"

Orange(ish) under-painting
Later stage
still 9"x12"
This is already heading towards the Short North scene,
several elements start to appear.

"Instead of working on two under-painting, why don't you just finish one?", you may ask.
Great question!
The answer is that I don't know, lol. Part of it is because when I need to take a break (because life calls me out of my studio) and I have paint left on my palette it's much quicker and easier to use it to create a random abstract composition than to try to make sensible patterns and shapes towards a representational image.
The other part of it is that I like to carry on more than one painting at the time. Every time I switch from one to the other I start with fresh eyes and I'm able to see what it needs more objectively.
There is probably some other part to it, but I can't think of it right now. :)

Hopefully, tomorrow I'll be able to post at least one of the two paintings at final stage.

Stay tuned. :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Comments

  1. Boy these take on a life of their own, don’t they? It is impossible to really do 30 good daily paintings. So take your time because we like the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nelvia, yes, they sure do take a life of their on, and that might explain why I have so much fun with these totally abstract and random starts, :D
      Thanks a lot for the moral support, every time I start a 30 in 30 challenge I I have all these grand plans of finishing 30 fabulously cute little paintings, then reality hits, and my mood changes. I wake up and feel like "Oh, I want to do a 12x12 today..." and it takes me 3 days to finish it. Ah, life! lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape