#1 of 30 Paintings in 30 Days - City Reflections, Oil Painting

I almost forgot to join the 30 in 30 challenge this year, thanks a lot Leslie Saeta for the reminder email!

I have been doing the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge for a few years now, I believe this is my sixth year - wow! Hard to believe!
I love it because it makes me push the "painting every day" thing, and, believe me, the extra motivation to finish a piece is truly needed some days.

Yes, the posting part demands quite a bit of extra time and energy, but it's all worth it. In fact, after I complete a daily painting, I have to take a photo, crop and make some basic edits, created a blog post, and finally post a link on the challenge site.

Here is the link to the 30 in 30 challenge site, if you want to see all the other entries.


My first painting  for this month is a scene of the Columbus, OH Short North Arts District and its lovely arches.
This was commissioned to me from nonetheless than my lovely husband, as farewell gift to one of his postdocs.



"City Reflections"
8"x10"
Oil on panel
SOLD







I love painting this scene, this is the third painting with this subject, and I can foresee several more on my easel in the future.

Have a lovely day!


Comments

  1. Hi Robbie, saw you visited and gave me a reason to visit back. Will enjoy your site. Like the loosenes of your work and the subjects you are choosing. Yes, I understand this need for motivation and always benefit from this challenge in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nelvia, thanks for visiting back, your artwork is amazing! Blessings!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape