#4 Gotta Have the Guts I - Abstract Mixed Media Painting

"Gotta Have the Guts I"
Mixed Media on Canvas
24"x24"

Available


I am very pleased that my fourth post of the month is about this piece!
And #5 will be about its companion Gotta Have the Guts 2 (see next blog post). These two started me on a new mixed media technique using acrylic paint, paper, custom made stencils, and fibers.

The image for Gotta Have the Guts 1 was inspired by a dramatic close-up image of the duodenum wall, obtained with a scanning electron microscope. The duodenum is where most of our digestion takes place. 
I love how the blue cross-section of the villi stands out against the lining of the small intestine. I accentuated the fictional and surreal look by using color patterns and mixed media.

I'm excited that it has been juried into the Fall exhibition Hypotheses: Art inspired by the many worlds of Science, at the Columbus Cultural Arts Center. 

The show opening reception is on September 28,  6 – 8 pm

Cultural Arts Center
139 W. Main Street
Columbus OH 43215

 
The exhibition closes on November 10, 2018.


Comments

  1. This is pretty darn interesting. Who knew, but it 8s important t be friends with our guts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, I had lots of trouble last year because I disregarded my guts, maybe that was the true inspiration to these pieces. lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape