Plein Air Painting: a Cityscape


Me and my work-in-progress cityscape
Today I went to a local park thinking I was going to paint something natural, like this side of the park

The scene I thought I was going to paint from
But I was taking a class, see, and the teacher did a great demo on the busy cityscape across the street from the park. I did not want to paint it. The busy scene did not inspire me.
At first, that is.
Then I actually took a photo of it and realized that cropping out all the junk, or some of it, it looked ok.
So I decided to give it a try... and so I did my daily painting of a cityscape. Hurray for my challenge-embracing self!

Unfortunately the painting served as landing surface for my supply bag in the car, and when I got home the paint was smooshed around in parts.
So I did not take a photo of the final painting, but I may be able to mend it tomorrow and post it.

The cropped scene that I painted


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape