Painting with the COPA at Fresh Thyme Grand Opening

As member of the Central Ohio Plein Air (COPA) I was invited to paint at the grand opening of a local farmer's market store "Fresh Thyme". What a wonderful event!
The store staff is lovely, there was live music, a chef competition, balloons, free samples, great sales. A great environment to paint, full of the positive energy I love so much.

I had planned to paint something else, but when I set up my easel next to the salt water taffy display, I couldn't resist to challenge myself to paint a cellophane bag of candies. Not as easy as it may seem... I think I did pretty good for being "alla prima", wet on wet, and painted while conversing with the wonderful customers and staff members. (photos below)
Selfie at the painting event
I was in the great company of
Tom Rodgers painting the produce display



Bill Westerman

Candice VanSchoyck painting pumpkins

My bag of salt water taffy painting, almost done

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape