Scioto Banks - Daily Painting - Landscape Oil A La Prima

"Scioto banks"
8"x10"
Oil on Gesso Board
Available

Second day of the year, another painting done.
This is one of my favorite locations along the Scioto river. I took the photo in the fall, when I went there to paint en plein air.
Today I have done this painting in a quick study style, wet on wet, like I would have done if I was on location, where you have to paint in one go to finish before the light changes dramatically, or before it's time to pick up the kids from school, at each his/her priorities. :)

I think I succeeded rendering the impression of the view, and that was the goal, so I consider it a success.

Thanks very much for stopping by.


Comments

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape