Golden Light - Daily Painting, First of the 30 in 30 Challenge

Happy New Year!!!!!

"Golden Light"
11"x14" Acrylic and Oil on canvas
Available




A new year always starts full of promises and great intentions.
My first good intention of the year is to paint every day, aiming to complete 30 paintings in 30 days.
This is the painting completed on January 1st, 2016.

I painted this from one of my favorite sunset (or is it a sunrise?) photos. I have done a couple of paintings with oil of the same scene, both sold, this time I tried it with acrylics.

I had not painted with acrylics for a long time, and I have to say it required some adjustments on how I handled color mixing and brushstrokes.
Main differences: acrylics dry very quickly and they are not as buttery as oil paint, so I had to use many layers where one brushstroke would have done it with oils.

Considering I was very busy with family commitments, I am pretty proud of this first piece of the year. I did it!

You can see postings by participants in the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge from all around the world on this page: http://30paintingsin30days.weebly.com/blog


Comments

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape