After the Rain - Painting of Clouds at the Park

"After the Rain"
8"x10"
Oil and acrylic on canvas
Available

Sometimes if I am driving home and I see a nice sunset I make a stop at the park to have a clear vision of the sky, across the large green area. If I am lucky enough I get decent photos from the view.
This was one of those times.

I started the painting in acrylics, and actually meant to finish with acrylics, but then decided that it needed some of the buttery consistence of oil paint, and covered most of it with a layer of oil paint, though some of the acrylic colors are still visible. At this point it's impossible even for me to know which is which.


“The purpose of learning is growth, 
and our minds, unlike our bodies, 
can continue growing as long as we live.”
~ Mortimer Adler

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape