Afternoon Beach - Oil Painting

"Afternoon Beach, study"
8"x10"
Oil on gesso board
Available

Day three of the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, and I have completed another one, woohoo!

This is a quick study of an afternoon beach, from a photo that I took last summer in Calabria, Italy.
To get to the beach you had to go down several steps, and the photo was taken from up the stairs, looking down.

I completed this study fairly quickly, and had fun including the figures and the umbrellas. I don't usually include people in my paintings, but simplified people are great to give a sense of proportions.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape