Natural Wonder - A Colorful and Textural Small Painting



Small Mixed Media Painting by Robie Benve
"Natural Wonder"
8"x8"
Mixed media: acrylic, paper, markers, and fibers.
Available on my website

This little guy (20 x 20 cm) is part of a small series of mixed media landscape painting done from my imagination, with no reference photo, all very similar in composition.

I started creating the composition with paint and paper on a wooden panel, then I added several layers of tissue paper and paint. I also added some fibers to create the tree trunks.

Below is an mid-stage photo of the process.

Mid-stage work in progress creation of Natural Wonder.

In this particular piece I wanted to preserve the pattern of the confetti tissue paper, so I added several layers of transparent acrylic fluid paint from Golden.

The final result is very textural and has a lot of interesting marks.

To apply the paper and the fibers I use acrylic soft gel medium from Golden. It serves as a glue, but it's a high quality acrylic binder, pretty much it's like acrylic paint but transparent, with no pigment.
I love using it in different capacities, also to increase the transparency of the paint.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape