For the Green Challenge: A Wish of Love and Good Luck

Two things happened today in my world.
1. I started a Corona Art Challenge with a weekly theme, and this week the theme is GREEN.
2. I painted a small, very green painting.

Not bad for a quiet day indoors, uh?

mixed media painting of clover by Robie Benve
A Wish of Love and Good Luck
Paper and acrylic on panel
6"x6"
SOLD


Now, the people that know me, are aware of my unbelievable luck at finding four-leaf-clovers. Yep, I'm one of those people that just look down and see one.

Some people, like my children (lol), are very bothered by that. I guess my eyes easily catch the different pattern of the four leaves compared to the sea of three leavers. Fact is I don't need to loook hard, most times I glance down and see one. This drives my family crazy, because they can't find it even after I say there is one. lol

Anyway, this particular one was on the edge of the street at last year's Columbus Arts Festival. It had just finished raining, and I was walking home when I saw it.

I took a photo and left it there, hoping it would make someone else's day, sooner or later.

I started the painting with a paper base that included a paper heart - that's why the title includes love. Then I painted with acrylic paint using a painting knife.

The starting ground for the painting above: paper and acrylic medium.

Since the Corona Art Challenge is a week long, I hope I can manage to paint a few more green pieces.

I'm going to make this my personal challenge of mixing green from many different colors, without using any green straight from the tube.


BTW, when I say that I started a Corona Art Challenge I really started it, it was my idea and the President of the Dublin Area Art League, my friend Dawn Petrill, liked it, so I started it.
It's so exciting to know that there are artists out there that are going to paint something new inspired by my idea. So cool!

Thanks for reading.

Blessings, and best wishes of good luck and love!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape