Two paintings juried into the 2018 OPAS Member Show at Springfield Museum of Art

I'm thrilled to announce that two of my paintings have been accepted into the Farms en Plein Air, the 2018 Ohio Plein Air Society Member Show at Springfield Museum of Art.

It's such an honor to be included in that amazing group of talented artists!
I'm looking forward to seeing the show and attending the reception on Dec 8th.

Show Dates: Dec. 8, 2018 – March 9, 2019

Springfield Museum of Art
107 Cliff Park Rd, Springfield, OH 45504


"Everal Barn"
Oil on board
11"x14"
I completed Everal Barn last spring in Westerville, OH.


"I'll Be Bright with You"
Oil on linen panel
9"x12"


I did "I'll Be Bright With You" in September. I was lucky to be there on the last day the sunflowers were still in full beauty. I went back a second day to finish the painting and they were all drooping down and sad looking. Good thing I had them all blocked-in on the panel and I could keep going with the painting without problems.


I'm so happy both paintings got in. They are done with different techniques, the first one using only bryshes, the second one mostly using painting knives, hence the rich texture. However, the difference did not matter, as paintings were juried independently, not as a set.

:D





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape