Short North Lit Up, Oil Painting


Columbus Short North oil painting by robie benve
"Short North Lit Up"
8"x10"
Oil on linen
$200
Available through Marcia Evans Gallery

I've been fascinated by the Columbus Short North arches and evening lights for a while. I love walking there - even now that there is quite a mess with major constructions everywhere, lol.
It's a beautiful part of the city that feels very lively and it's full of restaurants and art galleries.

Every first Saturday of the month there is a Gallery Hop, and when I went to the September one I took a bunch of photos for reference.

This is one more painting from those images, this time in oil.

Marcia Evans Gallery
8 E Lincoln St
Columbus, OH

Comments

  1. Robin, we too are enamored with this area because we can see how much you love it. For me I think it is the sparking light you create coming out of the canvas. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank a lot Nelvia, I agree, the lights are one of my favorite parts of these paintings of the Short North. I have tried to paint a day scene, but meh, did not have the lights, so I turned it in to a night-time as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your thought it is really a nice painting.Thank you for sharing your art. Keep posting with best wishes. Oil Painting Online

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape