#4 Daily Painting Challenge - Spring River


Today I did something a little different for my 20-minute challenge.
  • I used an abstract underpainting that I had ready in the studio, on a panel a bit bigger than the previous days, you can see how it looked like below.
  • I went from a 6x6 to a 8x8. It does not seem like much of a difference but it's a good 28 extra square inches that need to be covered with paint in the same 20 minutes.
The abstract base made it a little more challenging, but also so much fun!

I stretched a little the rules and worked some extra minutes after the timer went off. I just needed a few extra touches. :)

Here is the final painting.

Abstract landscape painting acrylic and mixed media with paper
"Spring River"
8"x8"
Mixed Media on panel, acrylic and paper
$80
































Do you want to see the abstract mixed media base from which I started?
Here it is :) Made with paper, acrylic paint, and custom hand-cut stencils.

Mixed media abstract underpainting
acrylic and paper
Fun!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape