#1 Daily Challenge: Purple Trees - A 20 Minute Painting


Daily Painting Challenge

Ok, this time is not a 30 paintings in 30 days challenge, this is a challenge that says "paint fast, with no time to overthink it, create a painting in 20 minutes, with no pressure to create a masterpiece, just get it done and practice quick decision making and fuss-less application. Do it for five days in a row."

And day one is DONE!  :)
I painted this on a 6"x6" wood panel, using acrylic paint.
It took me a few extra minutes, but I was in a room with other painters and we were having a nice conversation, so I cut myself a little slack.

Here it is....

a quick daily landscape painting done in 20 minutes
"Purple Trees"
6"x6" acrylic on wood panel
Daily Challenge: a 20-minute painting
$45


The questions that go through my head at the end of the process: Is if finished? Do I like it? Would I call it successful?

Sometimes the answers are not that straight forward, it might take a few days without looking at the painting and then, when I see it with fresh eyes, I KNOW. For this one, something about it makes me smile, I call that a success. :)
It has an overall and consistent unfinished look that makes it appear loose and fresh, I like the red undertone coming through.
Acrylic requires multiple layers to get the same coverage as oils, and 20 minutes go by in a blink of an eye, so.... overall I'm quite happy with the results.
:)







“A bruise is a lesson... and each lesson makes us better.”
George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones




“To learn something new, you need to try new things and not be afraid to be wrong.”
Roy T. Bennett 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape