Exciting Things Happening - A Gallery Show and More


Do you ever have periods in which things go well and you are afraid to wake up?  I'm in such a period right now.
Things are going well, and I am so afraid the it will end out of the blue, just like it started.

But hey, in the meantime, I'm doing my best to enjoy every minute of it. Never waste something good, right?

Home-life is going great and my artistic endeavor is giving me some satisfactions that I thought would never come.

Not only people are buying my paintings, which is amazing all by itself - to know that they are willing to pay for the products of me having fun in the studio, and keep them in their home, where they look at them every day, how wonderful is that??

Also, I am now represented by a super nice art gallery, and the owner invited me to participate in a small group show of mixed media art. Yay!
It was supposed to be a solo show for one of the other two artists but, being over-committed, she requested to have someone else to share the space with, and I was invited. Woo-woo!!

Now, it was a little bit of short notice for me, right before the holidays, and my trip to Italy, so I said "yes, but I will have only a few pieces. " And guess what?  I've been working fiercely in the studio every day I could, and I have 10 pieces for the show! They might even become 11 by tomorrow, lol!

Isn't that wonderful? I thought I could not do it, but then I pulled up my sleeves and started painting as much as I could. I thought I would end up with about four pieces, but hey, I did much better than that, and I'm pretty proud of myself right now.
Ahhhh.... Let me bask in this feeling, it does not happen often. :)

Here is the card for the show, opening is this Friday.

Mixed Media: 3 Female Artists
Show at Marcia Evans Gallery

OK, I just had to share the good news, now back to the studio, I've got some framing to do.

Oh, BTW, I've purchased the frames with the help of a $500 grant from the Greater Columbus Arts Council and the city of Columbus. Another mind-blowing great thing that happened.
So much to be thankful for!

:)

Ciao!

Follow me on Instagram



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape