Rainbow Dove - Daily Painting for the 30 in 30 Challenge


Another piece experimenting mixed media with the last layers applied with oil pastels. How fun!


"Rainbow Dove Study"
10"x15"
Mixed Media on paper

Quick sketching, abstract patterns, bold colors, peaceful message... I loved all parts of this study.

I used ink, acrylic paint, markers, and oil pastels.

Note to self: I need to remember the feeling of freedom and expression that I had while making this, and the lack of fear. Adding layers of colors and shapes without worrying about the outcome paradoxically lead to an outcome that I really like.
It could be a start for something new in my style.

Let's see what happens on the future paintings. I expect more color, for sure. :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape