Figure Painting - Work in Progress

Phase 1 of a two-week pose
We are in October already, can you believe it??
After painting every day in September, I changed a little bit gears for this month.

My goal is to keep painting as often as I can, but work on bigger paintings.
This means my postings will become more sparse, but it does not mean I'm not working. :)

Yesterday I started a painting a sunset on a 22" x 28" canvas. It's going to be a bigger version of a small one that I did in September.

Today I went to my weekly figure painting session, and started my first ever oil painting of a model.
She'll be  back next week with the same pose, so it's not even close to finished yet.

My biggest challenge is mixing flesh colors. It has been fun overall, and for being the first oil portrait I can only be happy with the midpoint results.
We'll see how it evolves next week. :)

Have a wonderful day!  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape