My First Oil Figure Painting

"Remembrance"
9"x12"
Oil on canvas panel

I've officially broken the ice:  for the first time I painted a portrait with oils! AND it came out pretty resemblant to the model, amazing uh? :))
I'm happy with the flesh colors that I came up with. Skin color is not easy to mix, and I with my limited palette I was able to create nice combinations of lights and darks, though the photo changed the hues a little.

I don't know if it is a good painting at the stranger's eyer, but it's great to me because it's the first one of a its kind.

I love giving myself new challenges and get over my own fears (or at least trying to! lol)

Thanks for stopping by,
Robie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape