Perched


                                                                5"x7"  Acrylic on canvas panel

I’m very excited about my latest purchase: acrylic medium to create texture and body, and painting knifes. “Perched” is my first attempt using both things.
I had the picture of this little bird resting on the pink flower stem for years, in my reference binder, probably collected from a magazine – I’m glad the day when I got to paint it finally came!  :-)
The extra texture and body in the acrylic paint introduced by the medium, make me like much acrylics, that by nature are rather flat. Can't wait to use it again!  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape