A Robie Benve Solo Show at the John Glenn International Airport

The Columbus John Glenn International Airport has a history of supporting the arts and local artists. In cooperation with the Ohio Art League, a different artist is featured every two months in the Gateway to the Arts Gallery, accessible by the general public at the ticketing level, by Max & Erma’s.

Robie Benve (me! :) is the featured artist for the months of October and November 2019.
I installed my exhibit on September 30.

23 of my paintings will be on view until December 2.
13 oil skies and landscapes on one side, 10 mixed media abstracts on the other.

The Gateway to the Arts Gallery is accessible by the general public at the ticketing level
of the John Glenn International Airport, in Columbus, OH.



A view of Robie Benve's exhibit.

13 oil paintings on the left side of the hallway, 10 mixed media paintings on the right side, half are small abstract, and half are from my Close Up Views of Our Body series.  

A view of the two walls of my solo show at the John Glenn International Airport in Columbus, OH.
On view until December 2, 2019.
 ..........



Below are four of my 13 oil pieces currently on view at the Gateway Gallery of the Arts at the Columbus Airport.
I love painting with oils, unfortunately I developed an allergy and I had to stop... I'll get over it, no worries - water-based is also enjoyable. :)
I sure loved painting sunsets... somehow it did not stick when I switched to mixed media... I'm starting to think I should give it a try...
These four and more available on my website robiebenve.com


Four of my 13 oil pieces currently on view at the Gateway Gallery


The image below shows four pieces from my series "Close Up Views of Our Body", featuring the amazing and fascinating artistry provided by the microcosm in our body.
Those things at the cellular level that work relentlessly to keep us alive and healthy, invisible to the naked eye, yet so strikingly beautiful and perfect.
At first glance they might look abstract, but they are quite representational.

Mixed media, acrylic, paper, and some fibers on canvas AND I had lots of fun making my own original paper-cut stencils and using them to create patterns in the paintings. 



Four mixed media paintings from my series "Close Up Views of Our Body"
Available on my website: robiebenve.com


Below are four abstract mixed media paintings from the airport exhibit.
10x10 inches (25.4x25.4 cm) acrylic, paper and fibers on wood.

Four abstract mixed media paintings currently in the airport exhibit
Available on my website robiebenve.com


Painting abstractly adds to the fun, because it does not matter what the reference image says, it's all about what you think would work with this particular piece, and you proceed
experimenting, with trials and errors and some ahah moments.

..........

Thanks a lot to the Ohio Art League and the Columbus Airport Authority for the show opportunity!

 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape