To the Rhythm of Music, Oil Painting

I worked on this painting, on and off, for months, every time feeling like there was something else I needed to tweak before I could consider it finished. 
Last week I brought it to my easel to see what else it needed and I finally saw it as done. 

Yay! No more tweaking. 
Chances are, as it often happens to any painter, that at one point I'll look at it and see something else I would like to edit or add. Well, it's varnished now, I'll just have to start a new one, lol.

Nevertheless, I like how it turned out. My focus was on rendering the movement of the dress and the passion of the dancer, with a hint of the live musicians in the background. I especially like how the of the dress turned out.


"To the Rhythm of Music"
Oil on canvas
16"x20", framed
SOLD


"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."
James Brown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape