First Gallery Sale! Evening Promenade

You know the feeling when something worth celebrating has happened in your life?
That's how I felt when Marcia Evans from Marcia Evans Gallery texted me that my painting Evening Promenade had sold in 24 hours!
Yee-haw!

I've been working with Marcia for a few months now, I brought over a few paintings, then picked them up, brought a few more. This is the first time that something of mine actually sells through the gallery, and it feels great!


As an artist, but I think most people would relate to this, it is very hard for me to promote my own work to a potential buyer. It's much easier to say great things about someone else's work, but mine? I feel too involved to "talk it up".
I could sell other people's work much easier. When it comes to talking to visitors at my booth or my studio, I end up talking about all kind of stuff, more or less personal, but not much about the paintings. Travel, Italy - where I come from - food, weather, and even politics sometimes (I know, dangerous territory).
At the end though, it's ok that I chit-chat, after all, don't they say "collectors buy the artist, not the art"? Which means that the more they know about you, the better the can decide if they like you as a person, hence, your work becomes more appealing... or not, they could decide they don't like you, lol. So you can understand why I've been thinking for a while "Ah, it would be much easier to have someone doing the selling for me."  
So much more could be said on the psychological aspect of selling your work, but hey, this post is about how my first, quick amazing, gallery sale. WOOHOO!

Sooooo what was the painting about and how did it look?

Well, it was a painting of the Short North,  the very popular art district here in Columbus, OH. An evening scene with glowing lights and lots of colors.
Yes, I like colorful paintings.
As much as I admire and love non-colorful paintings by others, I really have no fun painting somber, low chroma artwork. A painting needs to have those badabang-ding color notes to make me smile. You know what I mean right?  BTW, I think I just made badabang-ding up, but I like it.


All right, time to show the masterpiece, lol.

Here it is, ladies and gentleman, my first gallery sale with Marcia Evans Gallery.


Oil painting of the Short North by Robie Benve
SOLD

Thanks for reading or just stopping by and clicking out. 
I think any act of interest or support is a true gift, and so is you taking a look at my post. 

Be blessed.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape