Evening Snow at Thompson Park - Oil Landscape Painting

Winter landscape with Snow Painting by Robie Benve
"Evening Snow at Thompson Park"
8"x10"
Oil on panel
Framed
Available at High Road Gallery & Studios


I love how loose and impressionistic this winter scene came out, with the light snow that lets the ground peak through.
I painted fairly quickly over a start of a different landscape painting that was not heading the right direction.
The colors that were already on the canvas really did a great job as under-tone for the new one.

The scene if a local park, near my house. I wanted to sit on the bench and look at the sunset, but it was too cold and wet for my taste, so I stood there briefly, took a photo, and then kept enjoying my walk on the path.

:)

Come see it at High Road Gallery & Studios, 12 E Stafford Ave, Worthington, OH. Open Fri & Sat 12-4 pm.
Special receptions on Sat Dec 8, 12-4 pm, and Sunday Dec 9, 2-5 pm.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape