A Gift for My Mom - In the Poppy Field - Oil Painting

In the Poppy Field
12"x12"
Oil on Canvas
SOLD
This bright poppy field reminds me of my Italy so much.

My parents' house is white, even though it's not in a poppy field, they do have a big yard.
When my mom asked me to bring her one of my paintings when I visited, I thought this was the perfect gift, with the cheerful flowers and the white house.

I did not think at this at all while I was painting it, but I can see myself represented in that one poppy sticking up taller than the others, looking at the house in the distance.

Even if I have been living in the United States for 15 years now, home is always my parents house.
And I am posting this from my laptop on their kitchen table, joyful day!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape