April 21, 2011

Zoe


5" x 7" (12.7 cm x 17.8 cm)  
Acrylic on canvas panel


This lovely dog has been a pleasure to paint. I love her expression, the sparkly eyes and how it looks like she's excited and happy, I imagine her breathing joyfully and fast, as happy dogs do.
Her name is Zoe, and she belongs to Lee A. Brown, professional photographer and artist.
Lee took a great picture of Zoe and posted it on the A Day Not Wasted web site, challenging artists to paint or draw her, trying to catch her personality. I love Lee’s challenges. He got me painting my first person ever – the saxophonist- and now my first dog!   If you want to see the painting challenge web gallery click here.

Prints available at FineArtAmerica

Sell Art Online


3 comments:

  1. Robie very well done.The character and cuteness is well captured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Yasha. I was intimidated at first, but amazingly I got it done pretty quickly, and really enjoyed the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet. You are a great painter of dogs. Don't let this first be your last!

    ReplyDelete

Comments and feedback are always welcome. :)