Being Fully Vaccinated Feels Good!

 I'm Loving My Newly Found Freedom!


After 14 months of avoiding close contacts, crowds, meals with friends, gatherings, and more, I am finally vaccinated for Covid19 and I am back to doing a few things that I was greatly missing.

Yay!!


I Went to Art Class

I've been going to the Open Studio painting class at the Columbus Cultural Arts Center since 2011, and during the pandemic it was closed, then it reopened at limited capacity, then it closed again, and finally reopened again in March. I missed it, but I was not feeling comfortable attending until this session.

The session started two weeks after my second shot, perfect timing! 

I eagerly signed up, afraid that with the limited capacity it would get full before I had the chance to join, and last Thursday was the first class. 

Being back felt like seeing family again. I love the place, the people, and the energy in the studio. Ahhhh, so nice!

Robie Benve at the Columbus Cultural Arts Center


I Went to an Art Opening

A local gallery had an art opening in person, and two of the three artists in the show are friends of mine, so I wanted to go to the artist reception to support them - it felt great.

I found out that we were all fully vaccinated, though we still kept our masks on. I embraced the thrill to trust buddies to take pictures with my phone. How long was it since the last time I allowed people to touch my phone?

It's crazy the little things that became taboo during the pandemic.

We are finally, slowly getting out of it.


Robie Benve and Lynda Guenther at the opening of artist Todd Camp

Robie Benve and Rod Hayslip


I Even Went to Happy Hour With a Friend

I don't have photos for this outing but believe me, that glass of wine tasted wonderful. I haven't been to a bar or restaurant since February 2020, woohoo!!


If everyone does the right thing, we'll get out of this tunnel.

I hope people will keep getting the vaccine. I hear that the availability of the vaccine is high, but there aren't as many takers as you would hope.

The more people are getting infected, the crazier variants of the virus we get. C'mon Americans, roll up your sleeve and let's beat this thing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape