March Sky - Colorful Painting of Columbus' LeVeque Tower


March Night by Robie Benve
March Sky
Mixed media: paper and acrylic on wood panel
8"x10"
see on my website

I'm a big Harry Potter fan, I've read all the books several times, and of course watched all the movies, even more times.
I love the fact that the Hogwarts March music score (from my kids' practice sheets... shhhh ;) is still visible under this night view of the LeVeque tower in Columbus, OH.

There is a lot going on in this little painting, and it reminds me of the busy night life of the city.

I really enjoy the challenge of creating semi-abstract mixed media painting using layers of paper, paint, and creating unexpected patterns with my hand-cut stencils.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape