Music for My Heart - Abstract Mixed Media Painting

"Music for My Heart"
10"x10"
paper, fibers, marker, water-soluble pastel, and acrylic on wood panel.
See it on my website

I love to use music and patterned paper in the starting layers of a painting and then use transparent paints in the areas where I want to keep them visible until the end.

Music for My Heart has music paper and starred paper still showing through.
I also used yellow tissue paper to create the yellow circles, and I love the energy they emanate.
It was a fun project. I love the process of observing where I am in the different stages and add things as they seem needed. I also enjoyed the challenge of balancing the abstraction of the piece with the realism of the heart drawing.

Blessings to you, thanks for reading.

May your heat be always strong and pure.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape