Painting Accepted at the Springfield Museum of Art

I'm very happy and excited that one of my paintings has been accepted into
The Ohio Plein Air Society Members Show: Parks en Plein Air
At The Springfield Museum of Art, A Juried, Plein Air Gallery Exhibition

On view: Saturday, October 1, 2016 to Saturday, February 4, 2017

This is my first year as Ohio Plein Air Society (OPAS) member, and my first time submitting to this show. I'm thrilled that my painting will be hanging next to those of extremely talented artists

"Sunny Flowers at Jeffrey Mansion"
Oil on Board
9"x12"


When I painted "Sunny Flowers at Jeffrey Mansion" I knew something good must have been happening on my easel, for total strangers passing by had lots of good comments.

Well, when you paint en plein air you kind of get used to strangers commenting on what you are doing, but on that day they were way more enthusiastic than usual, so I figured if I had to pick one painting to submit for the OPAS show, it should be this one.

The Ohio Plein Air Society Members Show: Parks en Plein Air
At The Springfield Museum of Art, A Juried, Plein Air Gallery Exhibition
Saturday, October 1, 2016 to Saturday, February 4, 2017

Comments

  1. It is so happy. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serene, and lively at the same time. Congratulations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, it must be the yellow next to the grays, I need to remember this. :) Thanks a lot!

      Delete
  3. There's something very calming... peaceful about this piece.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape