Enjoying What Is Really Important in Life



Maturity, besides laughing wrinkles and lower vision, brought me a precious gift: better knowledge of what makes me really happy.
Once I overcame the ages of peer pressure and constant worry about what others think, the ages when I thought I never looked skinny or pretty, I finally started getting comfortable in my own skin.

Now that I am in my forties I have finally accepted that I can't please everyone, no matter what I do there will always be those that would like it different.
No matter how I dress there will be always someone that thinks I look too casual, or too stylish, or too old-fashioned, or too extravagant.
So why worry?

With my parents at my dad's shoe store.
Why spend so much energy and money trying to be accepted and liked by others?

It feels good finally getting to know who I am deep inside and accepting my strengths and my weaknesses.

What Is Important In Life? We are all different human beings with different likes and wants, but when it comes to what is important in life, what are the values and purposes that guide our choices, that spring our steps?

I had a great summer spending time with my parents and a few friends, in Italy. I enjoyed  every minute of it. Even if some days seemed uneventful, They were full of the best things in life:
           Love
           Family
           Health
           Financial stability
           Sunny days
           Gelato

Thankfulness for all these gifts is flodding my heart!

BTW, happy Birthday to my dad, that turned 84 this month!  He's an amazing man, and the wisest and most respectable workaholic I know. :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape