Downtown Columbus - Landscape Acrylic Painting

"Dowtown Columbus"
24" x 36" (61 x 91.4 cm)
Acrylic on Canvas
SOLD


In the 2 1/2 years Columbus, Ohio has been my hometown I learned to love the Dowtown area, even if my life revolves mainly around my suburban neighborhood.
I took the photo that inspired this painting during the yearly Columbus Arts Festival, I was walking among artists' booths when I saw the stunning view and I had to stop to take pictures.

I used large brushes and I let the paint mix on the canvas rather then pre-mixing colors; a technique that presents some risks, because it's hard to plan the results of each stroke, but it's fun.

Throughout the process I kept repeating to myself "Don't worry. Let the paint be paint", like a good karma. :)

One day I will have to go and paint the downtown landscape en plain air, until then I'm using photos. Maybe in spring I'll be braver and paint on location, but in this freezing winter climate photos come very handy!

Prints Available at FineArtAmerica
Art Prints

Comments

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape