#18 Daily Painting of September - Look Up and Cheer, Mixed Media Sunset

The busy month of September 2018, with its 30 paintings in 30 days challenge ended!!!

Here is one more of my paintings completed in September.

"Look Up and Cheer" Study
9"x12"
Mixed media on canvas

Available at the Columbus Cultural Arts Center Gift Shop

I have a few more finished and half-finished paintings that I have not posted yet, hopefully I'll be able to take photos and post tomorrow.

Even if I did not complete 30 paintings, as the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge seems to require,  I feel good nevertheless. I painted way more than I would have done without the challenge, I experimented new things, and I had lots of fun.


Some days I had no time to paint at all, on other days I had to find the time with big efforts.
Overall it has been a period of great discovery. I tried to do mostly studies with mixed media, using acrylic paint, paper, fibers, and home-made stencils, and this one is an example of the colorful palette that came out from this very out-of-the-box technique.

I also managed to make three (or is it four?) oil paintings, I can't even remember now, gotta check.

AND my family ate every day, laundry was done, and the house did not implode.
I call that a success!
:)

Thanks for reading.


Comments

  1. I would say it was a big success, and I am not talking the new processes, although those are that too. I really like these bright skies, the light just emanates out of the picture. Look forward to seeing more and am thrilled that the notification works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Nelvia for your kind comments and support!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape