Day 1 of 30-in-30 Challenge - Small Abstract Collage

All right, here we go, the first post of the month!

As I mentioned before, this month, during the daily painting challenge called 30 Paintings in 30 Days, I am focusing on experimenting with abstract compositions and mixed media.

Paint, drawing, collage, fibers, stitches, all could come into play. I have a vague idea of what I'd like to try, let's see if what happens as the days go by.

Here is the first composition a collage of hand painted paper.

It's quite small, made with pieces of hand-painted paper, attached with acrylic soft gel. The photo is a little dark, I'l try to get a better shot tomorrow.

"Start With a Heart"
3.5"x4"
Collage



I had fun making it!
I started out with the idea to create an L shape (or rectangular) composition, then I added the yellow square on the left, but it was too bright. An L-shaped blue paper on top, rotated just so, takes away some of the brightness and looks like a heart.  Nice way to start the moth. :)

And what a way to use old paintings and studies! I have to admit, tearing up old paintings of mine that I never liked is quite fulfilling. : )



______  __  ______
Are you receiving my newsletter?
I send one every 2-3 months, with updates about my paintings,
events that I'm involved with, and other news.
Interested? 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape