Italian Landscape - watercolor painting

Cypress Shadows, Watercolor, 9"x12"

One day I was in Google Street View, looking around the Italian Tuscan countryside, and I found so many great views. Besides making me a little homesick, it also inspired me to paint them, so I saved several images in a folder.
This painting is from one of those photos, I don't remember exactly where it was, but surely in the neighborhoods of San Gimignano.
I was inspired to start painting this particular view by the Daily Paint Work challenge of the week: The Shadow Challenge.
It has been fan to play with watercolors again, I think I want to do another one. Hopefully soon. :)


"Constant development is the law of life, 
and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas
 in order to appear consistent
 drives himself into a false position."   
 - Mohandas K. Gandhi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape