Japanese Maple Tree - Acrylic Landscape Painting

Japanese Maple Tree
16"x20" (40.6 cm x 50.8 cm)
Acrylic on stretched canvas, framed




In front of our first home there was a Japanese Maple Tree. We bought the house in November, and I had no idea that the naked twisty tree in the front yard could get so pretty and colorful (not many Japanese Maples in Italy, where I was coming from).

Spring is always a delight for me, and the first spring in the new house, I was so excited to discover what could be sprouting in the flower beds, what beautiful treasures were planted by strangers that lived there before us. There were tulips, daffodils, irises, but what really elated my heart was the little tree with the star shaped red leaves. A true delight.

When, more recently, I saw a picture of the Japanese Maple Tree from the Portland's Japanese garden, with those beautifully bent branches and bright leaves, it brought back cheerful memories, and renewed my sense of wonder for this amazing plant. I just had to paint it; and here it is. :)

I enjoyed using different acrylic painting techniques, like brushstrokes, painting knife, impasto, and glazing. How fun!
How a framed print would look like

Prints available at FineArtAmerica.com

Comments

  1. Hello Robie:) You did a great job on this one! Beautiful colors on a beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renate, I'm glad you like it. I really enjoyed painting it, thank you for visiting and the nice comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colored, smooth as a painting by Paul Gauguin, this marternel tree just cover the landscape like an angel spreads her wings. Beautiful Robie !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Viviane, for having inspired such a poetic comment in you, I feel so happy. Thank you so much! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape