#19 and #20, Two Oil Paintings, Still not Finished, but Getting There

These are two more pieces that I've worked on during the month of September, during the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.
These are oil paintings, and I worked on them in small intervals at my studio at the High Road Gallery & Studios.

I left all my oil paints there and the mixed media paints and tools in my home studio, so wherever I went, I had some work in progress, and it's kind of nice to pick up working on a painting started on another day. The break lets you see it with fresh eyes and a new perspective.

These both need more touches, but most of the surface is covered and the subject is pretty clear, so here they come.

 
"Flying Home, work in progress"
Oil on board

The cityscape below needs a lot of highlights and final details. Also, the colors in the photo are off.

"Short North Evening, work in progress"
Oil on panel.

Thanks a lot to Leslie Saeta for leading the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge.
This is my 6th year doing it, twice a year, and it has helped me lots!

I'm a big fan of painting every day, but often life gets in the way, and it's too easy to procrastinate.
The 30 in 30 challenges keep me going and inspired.
Every year, I start very scared that I will not make it, not even close. At the end, I am always so proud of the hours that I have spent creating in the studio, and looking back at the work done, there are always some pieces that I really like.  It's a win-win.

Here is the link to see who else participated in the 30 in30 challenge
https://www.saetastudio.com/september-2018-30-in-30-paintings


Thanks a lot for stopping by.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape