#12bis - I'll Be Bright With You, Oil Painting of Sunflowers at a Farm

This is a better photo of my latest plein air painting, done at a local farm. The last post did not have the final painting, only work in progress shots.


"I'll Be Bright With You"
9"x12"
Oil on linen panel

$250



I found this lovely view at the OSU farm, it’s very close to my house, yet I had never thought to paint there before, I wasn’t sure it was allowed, but they were super friendly and excited about the idea of an artist painting the farm. 

I ended up going back a couple of times to finish the painting. The second day the sunflower heads were already drooping down, but I have the shapes already in place, so it was easy to keep going.


Comments

  1. It turned out well and the barn makes such a great backdrop. Kudos to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Nelvia, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out as well. I started off with the idea of painting a totally different scene that day, then, just by chance, I walked by the sunflowers and... boom! change of plans. Something about sunflowers always makes me smile. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Comments and feedback are welcome. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape