My Two Paintings in the Dublin Art League Fall Show


Since when I joined the Dublin Area Art League, in 2011, I have entered two paintings in the Spring Show and two in the Fall show, every year.

The great thing about a local art league is that all levels of skill and professionalism are represented, every member is encouraged and supported, and the fact that you get to show your work to the public on a regular basis, really serves as a great incentive to get better and do more.

One of the best parts of being a member is the opportunity to network with like-minded people, and that's why I love attending the meetings and the show receptions, where I get the opportunity to chat with all the other artists and art lovers.

Here I am next to one of my oil paintings in the Dublin Area Art League Fall Show,
"It's Good to Be Home"
oil on Canvas
16"x32"



I recently ended my two-year term as DAAL president. During that time I got to know and enjoy this art league even more.
I was also the co-chair for this fall show, sharing the chair role with Roberta Kayne, a super talented photographer. In fact, one of her photos got Best of Show award. : )

This fall show in particular had a lot of participation, 42 artists with 84 artworks in the exhibit, I'm pretty sure that is a record for DAAL!

"Heading South"
oil on canvas
My other entry in the DAAL Fall Show


The ladies that made it happen. From the left: Dawn Petrill, DAAL President, Marcia Evans, show judge, Robie Benve, show co-chair, and Roberta Kayne, show co-chair. Not pictured: Larry Hamill, show judge.
The fall show Colorful Expressions will be on view until December 9, 2017.
If you are a local, stop by the Dublin Rec Center and enjoy the 84 artworks in the exhibit, by 42 variously talented artists. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape