First Oil Painting of the Year - Painting Daily, Painting Small

"Path in the Golden Field"
5"x7"
Oil on panel
SOLD
This small painting is based on a quick study that I did at Pickerington Park back in October.
I painted this not looking at a photo of the actual park, but looking at the photo of the painting I did at the park. (hope this makes sense)
That was fun! And, since the painting work had already been done, and decision about composition, color, value, and temperature already been made, it made the problem solving involved with each brushstroke much faster.

Curious fact: the study was actually bigger than this painting.
I realize now that I have not posted most of my fall plein air paintings.
I'll try to do better in the next days.

In the meanwhile January is almost over and I have only partially caught up with my 30 paintings in 30 days challenge. Still working on it, though. : )

Thanks for reading.
Blessings to you and your loved ones!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape