Holding Hands at Kamaoli Beach II - Oil Painting of Sunset with Colorful Clouds


I have two paintings in the 2016 Dublin Area Art League Spring Show, and this is one of them.
The other painting in the show is "Shine Your Light" (see previous post) which got an award.

When I gave a talk for the Conversation and Coffee event last September, at the Columbus Arts Center, in the audience there was Inga Smith, a talented photographer, that offered to share some of her sunset pictures with me. (How wonderful is that??)
She sent me some gorgeous shots of Hawaiian sunsets, and I picked one of Kamaoli Beach II as reference for this painting.

"Holding Hands at Kamaoli Beach II"
20"x24" Oil on canvas
Available

I loved painting it, even with the challenges that I encountered; it has been fun figuring out how to render with paint the different effects in the clouds, foreground, and changes of light.

Thanks for stopping by!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape