Am I Ready for This?? Another 30 paintings in 30 Days Challenge Coming Up...

Map showing the people from around the world that joined the challenge.

Soooo, I don't really feel like I have the time or the energy to tackle this challenge right now, buy to tell you the truth this is actually the main reason why I joined the 30 paintings in 30 days challenge launched by Leslie Saeta.
I need to have a stronger commitment to paint every day.
Life has been getting in the way a lot. Events, messy house, kids activities, holiday shopping, and a general lack of energy over all.
I have not painted much this month.
I'm very disappointed in my performance in the studio.

I know from previous experience that the 30 in 30 challenge is hard to carry on, but at the end of the month I look back at what I have painted and for some miracle it is always more and better than I thought while I was doing it.

So I signed up.

With one resolution:
To paint every day.
One small painting a day.
One composition, from start to finish, daily.

What a wonderful practice I'll get out of it!

Some (probably most) of the paintings will be meh, but I am sure that a few will surprise me positively.
It's always like that. I think I can't pull it off, and then one day something happens that makes the brush create artwork that makes me smile.
And even if only one painting will come out like that, making me proud, it'll all be worth it.

You can learn more about the 30 in 30 challenge at its official website:
http://30paintingsin30days.weebly.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter is Coming - Portrait, Acrylic on Canvas

Painting Outside Is Always a Challenge, but So Much Fun! - Yield to Pedestrian, Oil Painting

Cow on Swisse Alps - Acrylic Landscape